Re: trouble with easyHeads

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: trouble with easyHeads
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:57:14 -0800

On 28-Jan-06, at 9:53 PM, Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:

I thought I'd set a few piano exercises for my beginning students in \setEasyHeads. However when I put the line after the header just before the 'notes' I got and error message that it was an unknown 'Identifier' and wouldn't compile and when I put it in the score/ the piece compiled but without the letters in the noteheads.

As the example in the manual shows, you put \setEasyHeads right before notes. I don't mean
\setEasyHeads
melody=\notes{ c'4 }

but instead this:
melody = \notes{
\setEasyHeads
c'4
}

Note also that \notes is a command from old lilypond; you don't need it any more.
- Graham