Re: trouble with easyHeads

From: Rob van den Berg
Subject: Re: trouble with easyHeads
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:06:26 +0100

2006/1/30, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

On 28-Jan-06, at 9:53 PM, Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:

> I thought I'd set a few piano exercises for my beginning students in
> \setEasyHeads.
> However when I put the line after the header just before the 'notes' I
> got and error message that it was an unknown 'Identifier' and wouldn't
> compile and when I put it in the score/ the piece compiled but without
> the letters in the noteheads.

As the example in the manual shows, you put \setEasyHeads right before
notes.  I don't mean
\setEasyHeads
melody=\notes{ c'4 }

but instead this:
melody = \notes{
\setEasyHeads
c'4
}

Note also that \notes is a command from old lilypond; you don't need it
any more.
- Graham

I also noticed that if you enlarge the noteheads with \set fontSize = #3 for example
only the note name inside the notehead is enlarged, not the notehead itself ...
is this a bug ??

Rob