a new LilyPond music page

From: Dave Phillips
Subject: a new LilyPond music page
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 08:18:32 -0500

Greetings:

 I've set up a site that contains some of my recent LP projects :

   http://linux-sound.org/dlp-music-lilypond/

Feel free to comment & criticize as desired. Btw, I used LP version 2.6.3 from Demudi 1.3.0rc1.

 I'm still finessing the pieces there. Some problems to resolve :

How do I get a hairpin crescendo to span a series of single-staff polyphonic measures ? So far everything I've tried results in the compiler complaining of unterminated crescendi.

Are string numbers available in 2.6.3 ? I indicate them, the compiler doesn't complain about them, but they don't display.

How can I move fingering indicators out of the way of slur and phrase curves ?

In general, how do I override default spacing of elements such as slurs and ties ? I've briefly looked at the docs, I'm sure there's a way, but is there a preferred method ?

I had a few days to do nothing but play with LilyPond, so I dug in and had some great fun. I'm just getting re-started with the program, the learning curve has been relatively painless, and I love the output quality. Big thanks to all LP devels and users !

Best,

dp