Vertical lyric/stanza spacing

From: cordilow (sent by Nabble.com)
Subject: Vertical lyric/stanza spacing
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 19:52:22 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I've been trying to figure this out for months and months--ever since I started using Lilypond, anyway.

I've looked at the documentation (2.6.4), and I could not find a way to change the vertical spacing, or padding, or whatever it is in this case, between verses of lyrics (stanzas).  I've found ways to change the horizontal, however.  Preferably, I would like to do it with addlyrics.  Is there a way to remove *all* vertical padding and spacing between stacked verses?

Anyway, if you know how, please tell me as much information as you can.

I suppose this would be done with something like \override someCommand #'verticalPadding = #0.0
or such, but I don't know where to put it, even if I knew what commands to use.

If I had the following:

\addlyrics
{
   \stanza = "1. "
   here are some ly -- rics
}
\addlyrics
{
   \stanza = "2. "
   here are ly -- rics for the se -- cond verse
}

How would I make those two stanzas closer together, veritcally?

Sent from the Gnu - Lilypond - User forum at Nabble.com.