FW: How to retain empty Lyrics staff

From: Nahum wengrov
Subject: FW: How to retain empty Lyrics staff
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 06:11:55 +0200

Oops, sent in private by accident.

- Nov

-----Original Message-----
From: Nahum wengrov [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 06:11
To: 'Mats Bengtsson'
Subject: RE: How to retain empty Lyrics staff

It is a piano double-staff with two lyrics lines. Here is the example:

\version "2.6.5"

      upperpart =
         \relative c'' {
         \clef treble
         \key c \major
         \time 7/8
         \tempo 4=135

         \set Staff.midiInstrument = "accordion"
       % bar 1
         c,8\mf g' g g4 g |
         g8 fis g f4 e |
         aes8 aes aes g4 f | f8 e f g4. r8 | \break
      }

      lowerpart = \relative c {

         \clef bass
         \key c \major
         \time 7/8

         \set Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
       % bar 1
         e4. c4 a | g'8 f e d4. r8 |
     }

     lyrone = \lyricmode {
       \override Score.RemoveEmptyVerticalGroup #'remove-first = ##f
       % Stanza one Empty:
         \skip 2.. \skip 2.. \skip 2.. \skip 2..
     }

     lyrtwo = \lyricmode {
       % bar 1
         Bo8 -- i8 na8 bo4 -- i4
         tzvi8 -- yat8 ha8 -- che4 -- med4
         be8 -- ged8 shel8 tal4 lav4 --
         shu8 ha8 -- sa8 -- dot4. \skip 8
     }

    \score {
       \context GrandStaff <<
         \context Staff = upper {
             \context Voice = singer {
                  \autoBeamOff
                  \upperpart } }
         \new Lyrics \lyricmode { \set associatedVoice = #"singer" \lyrone }
         \new Lyrics \lyricmode { \set associatedVoice = #"singer" \lyrtwo }
         \context Staff = lower <<
             \clef bass
             \lowerpart

       \layout { indent = 0.0\cm
         \context { \GrandStaff \accepts "Lyrics" }
         \context { \Lyrics
           \consists "Bar_engraver"
           \remove "Hara_kiri_engraver"
       \midi {