Strange Key Signature Change

From: Charles Stevens
Subject: Strange Key Signature Change
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:12:28 -0800

I don't know if this is a bug, or an unknown-to-me music theory issue.  The issue: in base or treble clef, changing key from b-major to c-major is fine; changing from d-flat major to c-major, the naturalization of the g-flat is on the upper g instead of the lower g.  Looks very strange.  Is this acceptable notatation?

Code:

{
\version "2.6.0"
\time 4/4
\clef treble
\key des \major c1 \key c \major c1 \key b \major c1 \key c \major c1
}

Thanks, Charles