Re: symphonic, continuos movements, percussion, midi

From: alexandre reche e silva
Subject: Re: symphonic, continuos movements, percussion, midi
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:13:38 +0000 (UTC)

Graham Percival <gpermus <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 2-Feb-06, at 5:02 AM, alexandre reche e silva wrote:
>
> > A) Nevertheless,  marks alignment cannot be tuned and is centred “by
> > nature”. How to force left align?
>
> This is explained in section 8.1.3 Text marks in the manual for
> lilypond 2.7. I'm not certain that it will work for you in 2.4.5,
> though.  But give it a try:
>
> \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #left
> \mark "Allegro"

Instead of #left, #-1 worked just fine in align marks!

> > B) ...The last notes of first section tied with first
> > notes of the second section dont tie, indeed. What to do?
>
> You could fake this with invisible notes and slurs.

Excuse my newbieness, more tips will be really appreciated : )

> > C) The metronome mark collide with high notes in the first staff. How
[to] lift it up?

> See section 4.3 Fixing overlapping notation in the manual for 2.6 or
> 2.7.

It worked with 2.4.5 after some "blind frobnication"

I still need help because of a strange side effect: iusing /mark to
"titling" adds a empty staff at the top of the others?!?! (This is really
embarrassing. Imagine. An uninvited blank top staff...).

thanks in advance,
a r s