Re: Windows GUI

From: Ramana Kumar
Subject: Re: Windows GUI
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 08:22:48 +1100

In my opinion there currently don't exist any particularly good GUIs
for lilypond (unless you count your text editor!), simply because text
editing is a lot more powerful...
...but I understand that having a GUI is sometimes very desireable.

Apart from Lilycomp, the only other program I know about is Denemo. I
guess this is one of the ones you looked at that was not for Windows
but for Linux.

Fortunately, you don't actually need to install Linux to use Denemo
(although if you were thinking about doing it, I'd recommend
installing Linux anyway). Have a look at www.mingw.org and
www.cygwin.com for some ways to emulate Linux on Windows. Either one
would (I believe) allow you to run Denemo on Windows (through
emulation).