Re: lyric syllable skipping a note -- why?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lyric syllable skipping a note -- why?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 23:08:06 +0100

Quoting Eduardo Vieira <address@hidden>:

One thing that confuses me is that in lyricmode we are supposed to specify
durations for each lyric syllable (Lilypond.pdf v. 2.7.16), but in many
instances you can do without.

There are basically two different possibilities to specify where the syllables should be positioned:

1) Explicitly specify the duration of each syllable.
2) Specify that the lyrics should follow the rhythm of a music voice, using \lyricsto or \addlyrics

If you use the second option (as most people do), you do not need
to specify any durations. In fact, if you do they will be ignored
anyway.

   /Mats