Re: Specify output filename from within lilypond?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Specify output filename from within lilypond?
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:04:23 +0100

Ian Hawthorn wrote:
When arranging music I prefer to work with a full score. Once
the arrangement is complete however, building the part specific
learning  midis is a tedious process requiring me to rewrite the
file to separate out the music definitions from the score block
and then create a bunch of special files with appropriate names
which input the music definition file by name (so I can't just reuse them -
they have to be edited each time anew) and contain a score block
to construct the desired midi part files. Finally I have to run lilypond on
each of these separately ( a slow repetitive and boring process).

You can do everything in one run, but then you'll have file-1.midi, file-2.midi etc. I suggest you write a wrapper script to invoke lilypond and rename these appropriately.

A better solution is scheduled for lily 2.9/3.0