Re: split lyrics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: split lyrics
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 16:55:53 +0100

I'm not sure if you ever got an answer to your question.
Also, I'm not sure exactly what you tried to achieve and what
failed. If, for example, you just wanted to move one of the lyrics
lines above the stave, you could either use the idea from the
"SATB vocal score" example in the manual or use the nice feature
mentioned in the NEWS file for version 2.6 (but not in the manual
as far as I can see):

\version "2.6.5"
\score{
<<
 \context Staff = mystave <<
   \context Voice = "melody" {
      \relative c' { c
        << {\voiceOne c'8 e} \context Voice = splitpart {\voiceTwo c, 4} >>
       \oneVoice c4 c | c

\new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" { we shall not o- ver- come }
\new Lyrics \with { alignAboveContext = #"mystave" } \lyricsto "splitpart" { shall }

}

  /Mats

address@hidden wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking through the archives and I've found almost exactly what I need. I'm trying to have a split where the text for the upper part is above the staff, and the text for lower voice is below the staff, and I just cannot figure out what to do. The example I found from the archives (from Mats Bengtsson) is here:
\version "2.6.5"
\score{
<<
\context Voice = "melody" {
     \relative c' { c
<< {\voiceOne c'8 e} \context Voice = splitpart {\voiceTwo c, 4} >>
      \oneVoice c4 c | c
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" { we shall not o- ver- come }
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "splitpart" { shall }

}

But everything I try affects the splitpart and not the melody.

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems