Re: Putting Lyrics between barlines / Lyrics and \appogiatura

From: Trent Johnston
Subject: Re: Putting Lyrics between barlines / Lyrics and \appogiatura
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:07:58 +1100

Thanks Thies...

I tried your hint but the lyrics still cross the bar line. My main concern
is that lyrics hang over the bar along the right hand side of the score.
Especially if the note is  a semi-quaver the lyric will tend to hang in
space. If there is a extender line this makes the situation worse as the
lyric and the extender-line hangs in white space.

the \override Score.PaperColumn #'keep-inside-line = ##t  command doesn't
work to well either. There is a small reduction in the overhang but it is
still present.

I think there needs to be more space given to last note if there is an
associated lyric.

Now for that \appogiatura problem... and why lyrics alignment to the
appogiatura note and not the main note.

Trent