Re: LilyPond 2.7.32 File Sizes

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.7.32 File Sizes
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:44:00 +0100

J L wrote:
Hi,

I think that it has been mentioned several times before that the current LilyPond CVS versions produce PDF's with large file sizes. The culprit is the embedding of some fonts roughly 20 to 30 times (or once for each character that uses that font?). However, LilyPond's own Feta font doesn't seem to be one of these. Pango problems???

can you test some more, what determines how often it is embedded? I would expect once for each separate text string.