Re: Key Signatures

From: Ramana Kumar
Subject: Re: Key Signatures
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:26:59 +1100

a number of things you should do:

spell "title" correctly in your \header

put a \version "2.6.5" tag at the top of the file

use lowercase letters for specifying the key, e.g. \key g \major
(i'm not sure whether this is necessary or not, but it works for me)

put the \key tag inside the braces with the notes, e.g.
{ \key g \major g a b c' d' e' fis' g' }

do all of these things and it should work as expected...

if you write a more complicated piece it might be good to enclose it
in a \score {} block. but for the scale just { } is fine.