Re: Key Signatures

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Key Signatures
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:35:14 -0700

bears388 wrote:

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I was trying my hand at something I thought would be simple - scales! My version is lilypond 6.2.5.1. and my .ly files are enclosed.

Please keep threads on the list so others can benefit. This has a convention of using Reply All even though the person being replied to gets two copies. (I personally don't do this when I am sure the other person is subscribed).

The following should apply to the version you using:

1. The \key goes inside the braces with the notes.

2. All notes names including those for key signatures are lower case.

3. You must spell the key words in the \header correctly.

This works:

\header{
 title = "Major & Minor Scales"
 piece = "G major"
}

{
 \key g \major
 g a b c' d' e' fis' g' g' fis' e' d' c' b a g
}

HTH,

Paul

Thanks,