Markup in text

From: Don Blaheta
Subject: Markup in text
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 01:54:57 -0600

In section 8.1.4 of the docs it says that markup can be used anywhere
text is called in lilypond, and then gives a bunch of examples.  But I
can't get

  \set stanza = \markup { "R." }

or anything like it to work---what am I doing wrong?  This is on LP
2.7.33 on OS X, and yes, I am planning to do something more complicated
with the markup, I just want to get it working first.

--
-=-Don address@hidden<http://www.blahedo.org/>-=-
I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.