Re: 1 and 5 lines to percussion

From: alexandre reche e silva
Subject: Re: 1 and 5 lines to percussion
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:58:53 +0000 (UTC)

alexandre reche e silva <recheesilva <at> yahoo.com.br> writes:

> Peace and Health in Jesus Christ
>
> \version "2.4.5"
>
> Is it possible to have a 1 line staff (as in RhythmicStaff) to type non
> pitched instruments and then when the percussionist will change to marimba,
for
> example, the staff at this precise measure became 5 line with G clef and after
> change again - according the instrument he has to play?
>
> thanks in advance,
> a r s

Peace and Health in Jesus Christ

I was searching the list (with keywords: line percussion staff) and found not
necessary help to the unanswered question once posted by us.

But it seems that the "command" \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-count = #n
(where n stands for the number of "willed" lines, of course) is used just once
(on the "top" of a score) and does not seem to work (to be changeable) "on the
fly", like this:

%20
   b |
   \acciaccatura b8 b1 |
   R1 |
   \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-count = #5 \clef G b4 r8 b b4 b |
   b16-> b b b \repeat unfold 12 b16 |
%25
   \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-count = #1 \clef percussion b4-> r8 b b4

   b1\f |
   b1 |
   \time 2/4 R2 |
   \time 4/4 R1 |

Either the problem is quite simple (and so do not inspire further suggestions
:)
or it is a kind of forbidden action (at leat to my version), or even a bug...
or
somenthing...

Any help will be really appreciated,
#'a r s