Re: Fonts for Dynamics messed up during printing?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fonts for Dynamics messed up during printing?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:55:57 -0800

On 14-Feb-06, at 1:53 PM, Edwin Vane wrote:
So I have a line of music that I typeset with Lilypond. Because I only
want that line, I extracted it from the full page output using Preview
(I'm on Mac OS X.3.9). I then include the line as a figure in a latex
document I run pdflatex on.

I suggest lilypond-book for this. Lilypond code directly in latex documents -- what could be better? :)

Before I spend time hunting the problem down, has anybody else heard of
this or have any suggestions as to where to start looking for the
problem?

I can't help, but I can confirm this behavior here (10.3.9). I don't know enough about fonts and pdf to investigate, but I can't successfully extract pages from a large document using Preview. I'm pretty certain this is Preview's fault, though; the lilypond pdf prints beautifully if I only print certain pages. (instead of "Preview -> print as pdf -> print resulting pdf")

Cheers,
- Graham