Re: new key signatures

From: Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
Subject: Re: new key signatures
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 06:52:53 -0800

I'll bet you can (and if not is it sponsor-able?) but in 2.6.x the first manual says
"This command (\key pitch type) set the context property
Staff.keySignature. Non standard key signatures can be specified by setting the property directly."

However a later version of the manual leaves out the last sentence and the first manual doesn't seem to have the information about how to set 'the property directly'.

So I'm confused too. But I was working with some Bartok and the non-standard key signature would have been handy.
Jay

cordilow wrote:
Is it possible to create 'new' key signatures?  I mean, I desire to be able
to make key signatures for my own scales.  For instance, here is a favorite
scale of mine: B C D# E F G# A B.
In other words, it would have a sharp sign for the D and G alone (and this
without showing accidentals for the sharps).

Also, I want to be able to make key signatures with quarter tones in them. Is this possible?