small things in jEdit plugin

From: James Wilkinson
Subject: small things in jEdit plugin
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:12:43 -0500

I'm reporting this here because I don't know where else to report it.

The jEdit plugin gives you an autocompletion list when you type a \. Some things appear to be missing from the list of choices. I've not made an exhaustive search, but came across the following: \< \f \!. What happens is that, if you type "\f" it settles on "\fattext" as the default you get by hitting the space bar, presumably because "fattext" is the first thing in lexicographic order that begins with an f. Similar things happen with the others. If I type \p, it picks \p as the default, which is what I'd expect. It seems that \p is on its list and \f isn't.

It took me a while to notice that the plugin does a syntax check when you save. This is *really* nice since it saves having to do a lilypond run and then hunt for the errors by line number. It missed the following error that I made: I had typed "a(," instead of "a,(". jEdit found no errors, but lilypond didn't like that.

Jimmy Wilkinson            | Professor of Computer Science
address@hidden          | The College of Charleston
(843) 953-8160             | Charleston      SC        29424
http://www.cs.cofc.edu/~jimmy

If there is one word to describe me, that word would have to be "profectionist".