Re: Changing the number of staves in a piece

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Changing the number of staves in a piece
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:03:50 -0800

On 18-Feb-06, at 1:25 PM, Paul Boven wrote:

New to lilypond (but not to LaTeX) and already liking it a lot.
After going trough the docs and archives there is one thing I'd
like to try but don't know how to: I would like to change the
number of staves during a piece.
I would like to have only piano staves in an intro, then add staves
for vocals and lyrics.

Take a look at "Hiding Staves" in advanced-notation / orchestral music.

Cheers,
- Graham