Difficult tweaks - not working!

From: Vivian Barty-Taylor
Subject: Difficult tweaks - not working!
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:29:20 +0000 (UTC)

I'm having trouble with the example described
in the "difficult tweaks" section of the manual.
I'm wanting a stem with two different noteheads
on it. I started by copying the code from the manual
(correcting the 'curly' ' symbols this time!) then
changed various parameters. My code now looks like
this:

#(define ((set-position-font-size pos style)
grob origin current)
(let*
        ((interfaces
                (ly:grob-property grob 'interfaces))
                (position (ly:grob-property grob 'staff-position)))
        (if (and
                ; is this a note head? (memq 'note-head-interface interfaces)
                ; is the Y coordinate right?
                (= pos position))

                ; then do it. (set! (ly:grob-property grob 'style) style))))

\relative {
        \applyoutput #(set-position-font-size -2 #'cross)
<c e g> }

When I try to compile it I get the error output:

GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
#
  (define ((set-position-font-size pos style) grob origin current)
/Users/anneke/Desktop/Vivian/Lilypond/Noteheads1.ly:1:2:
error: syntax error, unexpected '('
#
  (define ((set-position-font-size pos style) grob
origin current) end of file in /Users/anneke/Desktop/
Vivian/Lilypond/Noteheads1.ly
/Users/anneke/Desktop/Vivian/Lilypond/Noteheads1.ly:18:1:
In expression (set-position-font-size -2
cross):
/Users/anneke/Desktop/Vivian/Lilypond/Noteheads1.ly:18:1:
Unbound variable: set-position-font-
size

What is wrong?!

Many thanks,