[OT] Extreme delays in delivery...

From: Gilles
Subject: [OT] Extreme delays in delivery...
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:14:58 +0100

Hello.

[I'm sorry to bother the list with mail management problems; in case there
is a better place, please let me know.]

Earlier today, I already mentioned there were big delays, and in fact I've
now received the posting (with subject "Auto-beam override") which I thought
was lost.
Here is an excerpt of the mail header:

        by monty-python.gnu.org with esmtp (Exim 4.52) id 1FC3vS-0005ZS-4s
        for address@hidden; Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:01:43 -0500

It show thats the mail had been in transit in "lists.gnu.org" during
~6 hours ("spam-scanned"), plus ~1 hour and a half ("tmda-scanned")
and finally ~35 hours, totalling to over 42 hours!

This is rather long, isn't it?

Are the maintainers of the machines/softwares involved aware of the
problem?  Is this going to be fixed, or should we be getting used to
the situation?

Best regards,
Gilles