Re: Manual tie configuration

From: Steve D
Subject: Re: Manual tie configuration
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:44:17 -0700

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 01:28:58AM +0100, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Steve D wrote:
> >[regarding manual tie formatting]
> >But in this case, I'm not sure if "TieColumn" refers to every note of
> >the first chord, or just the note(s) of the first chord that are
> >actually tied, or what? One chord is composed of two notes, while the
> >second chord that the first is tied to is composed of three.

> just the tied notes, or more accurately, the ties themselves.
> --
>  Han-Wen Nienhuys - address@hidden - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen

--- ---

Thank you Han-Wen. For some reason, with LilyPond 2.7.35 in Linux, this:

 <e a>~ \once \override TieColumn
     #'tie-configuration = #'((0 . 1)) <c f a>

--doesn't work. The tie still remains at LilyPond's default formatting,
arcing downward and beginning and ending on staff-vertical-position -2
(the staff line just below the middle line). It's as though the pair I
had specified for tie-configuration were (-2 . -1) instead of (0 . 1).

I keep thinking I have missed something obvious or made a typo. ;-)

Best wishes,

Steve D.
New Mexico, US
You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook.
-President Harry S.  Truman