Re: macosx command line lilypond-book

From: Don Blaheta
Subject: Re: macosx command line lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 01:43:38 -0600

Quoth Han-Wen Nienhuys:
> Don Blaheta wrote:
> > On one of my machines running 10.3.9, I did a complete reinstall of all
> > my Fink software, and now I'm trying to run Lilypond again.  I made sure
> > to install all the "running" libraries required for LP 2.7, but there
> > seems to be a snag: I can't get lilypond-book running at all, and
> > lilypond itself doesn't work if I access it through a symlink in
> > /usr/local/bin:
>
> Then don't do that.

Thanks, Doc. :P

Quoth Graham Percival:
> For lilypond-book, I have
> ~/bin/
> in my path, and I have a
> ~/bin/lilypond-script-wrapper.sh
> and
> ~/bin/lilypond-book
>
> I also have a
> ~/bin/lilypond
>
> All the above are small scripts that I got from the old .dmg packages.
> I'm not certain how to get these for recent 2.7 releases, nor where
> they'll be for 2.8, since now we just have a .zip.

Aha!  On my other machine I have those very scripts; I had remembered
them but somehow thought they were uninstalled by 2.7.  Not only weren't
they uninstalled, they remain a key part of the lilypond system.

...but they aren't installed by 2.7.  They may not have been installed
by 2.6, I don't remember if I did that by hand or what.  But could this
be mentioned in the MacOS X section of INSTALL.html?  Surely I'm not the
only person trying to run lilypond-book on a Mac.

But in any case, thanks, that was exactly what was missing.

--
-=-Don address@hidden<http://www.blahedo.org/>-=-
The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be