TextSpanner override

From: Vivian Barty-Taylor
Subject: TextSpanner override
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:26:04 +0000 (GMT)

I'm having trouble with what I feel should be a
relatively simple \override command. I want a
TextSpanner object with an unbroken line, so have
tried to set the #'dash-fraction property to 1 with
the command:

\override TextSpanner #'dash-fraction = #1

Without that line the file compiles normally, but with
it the output is incomplete and very distorted, and
LilyPond gives me the message:

Converting to `Percussion2.pdf'...
`gs -q  -dSAFER  -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4
-sPAPERSIZE="a4" -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r1200
-sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile="Percussion2.pdf" -c
.setpdfwrite -f "Percussion2.ps"' failed (256)
error: failed files:
"/Users/anneke/Desktop/Vivian/Lilypond/Percussion2.ly"

What is going wrong here and how can I do what I want
(have an unbroken text spanner)?

Many thanks,

Vivian,
Netherlands.