Re: [OT] More mail problems!

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [OT] More mail problems!
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 05:07:39 +0100 (CET)

> I didn't get any comment following my message about growing mail
> delivery delays...

It's a known problem.  See the top message at http://savanna.gnu.org
and the follow-ups.  Basically, one of the TDMA datafiles got
currupted due to a hardware failure (IIRC).  Mail then was queued, and
due to the enormous amount of data (both real mails and spam) the mail
log files exceeded a limit of 2GB, making the mail server effectively
quit.

On March 1nd there were still 1.6 million mails in the queue.  To
eliminate them it is necessary to have exclusive access to the queue,
causing many mails to be duplicated.

    Werner