Re: lilypond and inkscape (again)

From: Henrik Frisk
Subject: Re: lilypond and inkscape (again)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:56:30 +0100

> >>load in
> >>
> >>They are. The problem is that most SVG renderers (including
> >>Inkscape and
> >>Firefox) don't handle the <font> tag, which means that they
don't
> >>understand our embedded fonts.
> >>

> > OK. Out of curiousity; why does the method of importing an
eps,
> > exporting it to svg in Scribus work? (this whole thing is a bit
> of a
> > mystery to me...)
>
> Because then, each character is expanded into penstrokes

That's what I thought. Now, relating to the discussion earlier in this
thread: I did some more testing and for those that are interested in
editing a svg in Inkscape, you have to create the eps through the
convert utility of imagemagick and not use the lilypond --
backend=eps for it to work properly. Unless, of course, you
manage to get the fonts to work in Inkscape in which case you can
just use the svg backend in lilypond...

/henrik