Re: midi2ly on Mac OS X

From: Jim Sizelove
Subject: Re: midi2ly on Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 07:34:08 -0500

Abraham Raher wrote:
Jim,

So, I have no /usr/local/ at all. Apparently OS X vanilla install
doesn't have that directory. Have you run across this?

There is no lilypond-script-wrapper.sh anywhere on my system. Maybe
when I installed lilypond it just didn't put that anywhere when it
didn't find a /usr/local/ to put it in.

Would the next step be to create a /usr/local/bin/ directory and
reinstall lilypond? I'm a bit wary, seems like I ought to ask a guru
(which you might be). What do you think?

Sorry, I am not a lilypond guru. I have only played with it a few times. I do some python programming and so recognized the ImportError message. I recommend following the instructions in the README file in the lilypond install disk image. If you need to, download the disk image again. You will also find the lilypond-script-wrapper.sh script there.

thanks, sorry to still have questions

Abe

By the way, I am sending these messages to the mailing list so others might also benefit from our troubleshooting. Would you do the same for future messages?

Good luck!

Jim