Re: \override Score.SpacingSpanner

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: \override Score.SpacingSpanner
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 16:06:56 -0600

On 3/8/06, Vivian Barty-Taylor <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to adjust spacing to allow a glissando line
> to be seen more obviously. I want to adjust the
> spacing rule but only for the bar with the glissando.
> I've tried to construct an \override that looks like
> this:
>
> \time 3/4
> f16 r f r f r8. r16 f r8
> \override Score.SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment =
> #3.0
> \time 2/4
> r16 e8.\glissando f16 r f r
> r f8. r16 f r f
> \revert Score.SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment
>
> This doesn't seem to have any effect, and I'm
> wondering what I'm doing wrong.
> Thanks in advance,

I take the note at the bottom of 10.5.6 (about spacing being
determined on a scorewide basis) to mean that the SpacingSpanner can
only be overriden at the beginning of a Staff (or possibly Score).

Spacing "sections" is a sponsorable feature at LilyPond Software
Design, near the bottom of
http://lilypond-design.com/sponsor/open-features.html, one that I've
been interested in for a time, too.

--