Re: shortest-duration-space, Re: lyric spacing

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: shortest-duration-space, Re: lyric spacing
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 07:58:17 +0100

Popular question this morning! Please read the section on "Spacing Lyrics"
in the manual for LilyPond version 2.7.

  /Mats

Quoting David Rogers <address@hidden>:

Hi all

Does anyone have an example of how to use shortest-duration-space to increase the horizontal spacing of notes? (This is in a vocal score - my words are running together badly.)

Thanks in advance
David

Quoting Father Panteleimon <address@hidden>:

How can I adjust the minimum space allowed between individual words in
lyrics? They seem too close even when the words aren't particularly long.  I
don't want to adjust the spacing of the notes per se, just to add a tiny bit
of space between words, which space won't go away regardless of how short
the note durations might be.

Thank you.

Monk Panteleimon