Re: collision of dynamic signs and markup text

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: collision of dynamic signs and markup text
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:41:01 +0100

I recommend to read the section on Common Tweaks (I recommend
the manual for version 2.7 even if you use version 2.6) which describes how to change the default spacing between text scripts
and the stave.

  /Mats

Quoting Arjen Bax <address@hidden>:

Hello lilypond-users,

In the following fragment

\new Staff { \dynamicUp c'\f^"Solo" }

the dynamic sign "f" is overwritten with the text "Solo". I know that I can solve that with

\new Staff { c'^\markup{\column{"Solo" \dynamic f}} }

but it happens rather often in the piece I'm typesetting and this solution causes rather much typing and is error-prone.

Is there an automatic way to achieve non-colliding texts?

Thanks in advance,

Arjen