Re: unmetered music question

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: unmetered music question
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:19:16 +0100

Eddy-14 wrote:

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
If you don't want any time signature printed, you can do
\override Staff.TimeSignature #'print-function = ##f

What if I don't want a time signature in a part of a piece, and I want it
back in another part ? Setting it invisible is not a solution, since I
change it in almost every bar, and it produces spaces at the begining of the
bars.
To quote Section "Layout tunings within contexts":

"the |\revert| command for a context undoes an |\override| command"

so, simply do
\revert Staff.TimeSignature #'print-function
where you want to make the time signature visible again.

  /Mats