Re: line breaks

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: line breaks
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:40:40 -0800

On 15-Mar-06, at 9:10 AM, Paul Scott wrote:

Thies Albrecht wrote:

That's exactly what I experienced if you're talking about line breaks at that bar line. Perhaps a short hint should be added to the manual, that line breaking only works at bar lines where there is no note lasting longer than that bar.

Eh? The docs already state that you can only have a line break at a bar line. Should we specify that bar lines only occur at the end of a bar?

In any case, please specify exactly where and what text you propose should be added to the docs.

I asked that before, but got no response yet:
Is this behaviour as expected or should line breaks work in that case?

Would it not be helpful if Lily gave an error when the wrong number of beats are in a bar

This is exactly what the bar line check does! See 6.2.4 Bar check! c'4 c c c | c c c c |
- Graham