Re: Change Chord Name Font Size

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Change Chord Name Font Size
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:33:44 +0100

Whenever you find an answer in an old email, find out what LilyPond
version it was written for. Then, make a temporary .ly file containing
\version "2.0.0" % or whatever version the answer applied to
and the lines of code.
Then, run
convert-ly -e temp.ly
and see what the code should look like with your current version of
LilyPond. The property font-relative-size changed name around
version 2.1.1.

  /Mats

Thibaut Chevalier wrote:

There are old threads dealing with this.
I read that the simple \set fontSize is said not to be working, but in
this post :
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-11/msg00117.html
The following solution is suggested :

\context ChordNames {

       \property ChordNames.chordChanges = ##t
\property ChordNames . ChordName \override #'font-relative-size = #+3

Though I didn't manage to make it work. Moreover he says it does not
work on the alterations...

Kamal wrote:

How do you change the default font size of chord names?
I have tried the following but it didn't work:

\chords {
\set fontSize = #-2
e2.:m e:m e:m b:7 b:7
b:7 b:7 e:m g d