Re: My tips page

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: My tips page
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:45:49 -0800

On 16-Mar-06, at 7:57 AM, Geoff Horton wrote:

I've been typesetting a number of hymns, and in the process I've come
across (and occasionally at least somewhat invented) some techniques
that are helpful in getting the results to look like I want. Some of
these might be genuine FAQs, but since I concentrate on choral music,
I know there are a lot more FAQs whose answer I don't have.

A few comments:

LaTeX margins for lilypond-book:
Packages work just fine. This is what I use for all my lilypond-book scores
\documentclass[12pt,letterpaper]{book}
\usepackage[lmargin=15mm,rmargin=15mm,tmargin=10mm,bmargin=5mm,nofoot,no head]{geometry}

Make sure you run the "texsetup" or "texconfig" and set the dvips paper size to "letterpaper". For some reason it defaults to A4 -- even when you specify "letterpaper" in your .latex (or .lytex) file. :(

I don't have to read through the rest in detail now, but many of these could be added to the manual. If somebody has some time, they could tell me exactly what to add where, and it could be done before this weekend. Alternately, it could wait until I have time (say, mid-April). :)

Cheers,
- Graham