Re: al niente / de niente - was Re: (no subject)

From: Marcus Macauley
Subject: Re: al niente / de niente - was Re: (no subject)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:38:11 -0800

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:27:24 -0800, Trevor Bača"" <address@hidden> wrote:

On 3/16/06, Marcus Macauley <address@hidden> wrote:

Another way of notating this, which I prefer, but also I think needs to be
implemented, is to follow the decresc. (or precede the cresc.) with a
bold/italic "n" or "n.", for niente.

Does #(make-dynamic-script "n.") not help? (As in the examples in 8.1.8?)

At least for me (Lilypond 2.7.38 on Windows, not cygwin), doing that prints the "n." in a giant sans-serif font -- very inappropriate. I assume it does that because the dynamic-script font lacks an "n" character, so it substitutes the letter from another font.

Marcus