Re: My tips page

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: My tips page
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:55:25 -0800

On 16-Mar-06, at 1:09 PM, Geoff Horton wrote:

What's the level at which something becomes too obscure to be
manual-worthy? (A serious question--I could make some suggestions, but
I don't have a good handle on the criteria,

The criteria is my vague sense of how often the property is needed and how difficult it is to figure out on your own. :) In the case of stuff in chapter 7, I'm much more likely to go along with whatever users suggest, since I'm not familiar with those instruments/notation.

As long as the manual is well-organized, I don't think we need to worry about having too much obscure data. Besides, "having too much information" is a problem I'd love to have with the docs. :)

That said, I don't think we should have more than two "common tweaks" per section.

 except to strongly urge
including my lyric-spacing tip in place of the one that's currently
there.)

Exact section and add/remove info please. Especially for anything in chapter 7.

Cheers,
- Graham