Re: Question about repeat alternatives

From: Thies Albrecht
Subject: Re: Question about repeat alternatives
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:39:52 +0100 (MET)

Hi folks!

I've never seen (or can remember) a repeat with only the last repeat having
an alternative. But if there is I'll be interested in how this should look
liek, esp. where are repeat bars and volta brackets.

> \repeat volta 4 { ... }
> \alternative { {} { ... } }
I think the problem is with the first empty curly braces pair inside the
alternative definition. As far as I understand syntax this defines an empty
list, which I would consider is ignored by lilypond.

You can tweak the number shown in volta brackets like described here
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.7/Documentation/user/lilypond/Manual-repeat-commands.html#index-VoltaBracket-445,
but it might take some more manual volta definiton, too.
(I see something which looks like what you desire there, but looks quite
strange to me.)

My suggestion: Rewrite the repeat and take the last (or more) bar for the
every alternative with the additional music inside forth alternative.

Kind regards,
Thies Albrecht

--
"Feel free" mit GMX FreeMail!