Re: How to modify the space between the notes?

From: stk
Subject: Re: How to modify the space between the notes?
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 01:43:16 -0500 (EST)

> If we had a full example for every property mentioned in the manual,
> it would be 3 times as large.

Then maybe the manual needs to be 3 times as large.  I realize that in the
real world this is not feasible, as writing and maintaining a user's
manual requires a massive amount of work and time.  Possibly a useful
compromise would be to gradually accumulate a sort of bare-bones syntax
manual that gave a one-line example of the use of each of as many
properties as possible, with the context specified in each case being the
lowest-level context to which the property was applicable.  No
explanations at all, just examples of valid syntax.  (Some of the examples
would have to be multi-line, I admit.)

I have seen many questions on this mailing list to the effect that the
User Manual or the Reference Manual implies that some property can be
modified, but the syntax for doing it is not clear.  A list of valid
examples would at least give a possible clue in such a case.

-- Tom