Re: How do I get two stanzas printed?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How do I get two stanzas printed?
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 11:10:16 +0100

Unless this is the only piece that you plan to typeset with LilyPond, I really recommend you to learn the new \lyricsto feature by reading
the chapter on lyrics in the manual (I recommend the manual for version
2.7 even if you happen to use 2.6 for the moment). Especially, there is
an example in the section on "More stanzas" that illustrates exactly the same situation you have.

  /Mats

Quoting Wim Looyestijn <address@hidden>:

I have a couple of files converted from an older version, but I can't get the
second verse printed. What I can find in the manuals is so much different that
I am at loss. Any help?

This is how it looks like (ignore the [, these are to only included to get it
posted):

textocantus=\lyricmode{
Ag -- nus De -- i,
qui tol -- lis pec -- ca -- ta mun -- di,
qui tol -- _ lis pec -- ca -- ta mun -- di:
 [<<
 {
mi -- se -- re -- re no -- _ bis,
mi -- se -- re -- re no -- bis,
mi -- se -- re -- re no -- bis.
 }
 \context Lyrics \lyricmode{
do -- na no -- bis pa -- _ cem,
do -- na no -- bis pa -- cem,
do -- na no -- bis pa -- cem.
 }
[>>

 }

[ \score{
     \transpose f g
        <<
        \context ChoirStaff = "cuno" <<
                \oldaddlyrics
                \context Staff = "v1"<<
                        \set Staff.instr = "C1 "
                        \set Staff.instrument = "Cantus I "
                        \global
                        \clef   treble
                        \cantus

                \context Lyrics="l1" \textocantus

 \layout {
        linewidth=18.0 \cm
        interscoreline= 0.0 \cm
        interscorelinefill= 1.0
        textheight= 26.0 \cm
        \context { \Lyrics \override LyricText #'font-size = #2 }
        \context { \Score \override BarNumber #'padding = #2 }