Alignment of Instrument names

From: Robert Memering
Subject: Alignment of Instrument names
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 01:36:33 +0100

Hi all,

it seems to me that the alignment of instrument names is still
messed up. By default they are right-aligned to the score.
That's ok for me (at least with single lines), but when I
have two-line instrument names ,the problems begin. Some examples:

I have instrument names like this:

\column{ Superius "(Soprano/Alto)"}

This is what I used to do, and they were always nicely left-aligned.
But now the whole (internally left-aligned) column is
right-aligned, and this looks like picture 1.

This being inacceptable, I searched the manual and all I found
was instructions to center the names. So I tried this as described
in the manual and changed my columns like this:

\center-align{ Superius "(Soprano/Alto)" }

Picture 2 shows the quite surprising result.

Now, as a last resort, I thought "well, then let's have
complete right-alignment" and I changed back to columns
with "internal" right-alignment:

\column{
  \right-align{ Superius "(Soprano/Alto)" }
  }

The even more surprising result can be seen in picture 3.

Any suggestions?

Robert