Re: Synchronizing staves with grace notes

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Synchronizing staves with grace notes
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 15:35:42 +0100

What LilyPond version do you use? I'm afraid you have hit a bug in version 2.6. If you upgrade to the latest development version
it seems to work much better. Still, you might need to insert
an invisible grace note in the left hand part to get the bar lines correct, see the comment at the end of Sect. "Grace notes". The following example works well in version
2.7:

\version "2.7.36"

\relative c'' <<
\new Staff { \time 3/8  << { des16..->[ bes64] ges8[ f] }\\
{ \stemUp \grace { des8[~ ges bes] } \stemNeutral des,4_\( d8\) }

}

\new Staff { \time 3/8
\grace s4. \times 4/6 { bes32[ des ges bes ges des] } \times 4/6 { bes[ des ges bes ges des] } \times 4/6 { b[ d f as f d] }}

  /Mats

Quoting Junge <address@hidden>:

I'm having some trouble with synchronizing the upper and lower stave in a piano score where I have some grace notes and polyhony in the right hand.

I need to tie a "des" in the grace notes to the normal "des"-note following the grace notes and have finally managed to do that. However, to synchronize the two voices in the right hand, I had to insert hidden grace notes in the upper voice. I would prefer the first of the left hand notes to be synchronized with the des4 in the lower voice in the right hand. But it synchronizes automatically with the first of the grace notes. Is there a way to obtain what I want?

I don't know how much code to attach. Hope this is enough (only 1 bar)... The first note in the right hand is des'' (in both voices). The score is in 3/8.

Right hand:
<<
{ \hideNotes \grace { des8 des des } \unHideNotes \stemUp des16..->[ bes64] ges8[ f] }\\
{ \stemUp \grace { des8[~ ges bes] } \stemDown des,4_\( d8\) }

Left hand:
\times 4/6 { bes32[ des ges bes ges des] } \times 4/6 { bes[ des ges bes ges des] } \times 4/6 { b[ d f as f d] }

Regards

Stig Junge