Re: vertical spacing of StaffGroup

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: vertical spacing of StaffGroup
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:08:47 -0600

On 3/17/06, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> What must I do to make
>
>   \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-10 . 10)
>
> work for the `StaffGroup' context?  I want a score layout like this
> (each horizontal line represents a staff):
>

>       /
>       |-----------|             \new StaffGroup = "sg1" <<
>       |-----------|               \new Staff = "s11" {...}
>       |-----------|               \new Staff = "s12" {...}
>       \                           \new Staff = "s13" {...}
>       |                         >>
>       /                         \new StaffGroup = "sg2" <<
>       |-----------|               \new Staff = "s21" {...}
>       |-----------|               ...
>       |-----------|
>       \
>       /
>       |-----------|
>       |-----------|
>       |-----------|
>       \
>

> I could fiddle with VerticalAxisGroup of single staff lines, but...
> I could also insert invisible staves, but...

Hi Werner,

Would the line-break-system-details attribute of the
NonMusicalPaperColumn abstract grob be helpful? You have to set by
hand for each new system, but the systems stay *exactly* where you put
them vertically.

There's a bit in the NEWS section that talks about positioning
individual systems manually, with this sample usage:

      \overrideProperty
      #"Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn"
      #'line-break-system-details
      #'((Y-offset . 24.5)