Mirror margins

From: Bart Kummel
Subject: Mirror margins
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:57:41 +0000 (UTC)

Hi gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general,

I am using Lilypond quite often and I like it very much! Most of the time I use
Lilypond to extend and/or adapt my church songbook. Recently I began to create a
sort of template to make the Lilypond look more like the original music in the
songbook. Think of things like selecting another font for titles, moving the
page numbers to the footer, etc.

My question is about the margins. My songbook consists of a D-ring binder, so I
need some space where I can punch the holes. I can only find settings for left
and right margins, but as you probably know, the holes are on the right on even
pages and on the left on odd pages. So I need the margins to be mirrored on even
and ood pages. I tried to write some Scheme code to achieve this, but since I'm
not very familiar with Scheme, I did not succeed. Is it possible to get mirrored
margins by means of some hack? Has somebody done this before? (I already
searched the snippet repository.)

I am a programmer, so I'm not affraid of some hacking around, but Scheme is not
a language I'm familiar with, so I'd appreciate need some help on that.

Best regards,
Bart Kummel, Hilversum, The Netherlands