Re: Linux installer 2.8.0

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Linux installer 2.8.0
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:54:10 -0700

Paul Scott wrote:
Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Could you please add some documentation on how to
install and uninstall. Currently, the only available
documentation is included in the package as --help text
and the information on how to uninstall, which is printed
at the end of the installation procedure (which definitely
is the wrong information at the wrong time).
Agreed! I'm also not sure if the uninstall instructions are exactly correct. I believe one of the paths was different on my (Debian sid) system. I can't be sure but I am downloading the latest stable version right now and will see what happens.
Ok. It would be good if an uninstall hint showed up when we get: Director /usr/local/lilypond/ already exists.
Remove old lilypond installations before installing this one.

Directory is also misspelled.

Paul