bar number positions

From: Paul Scott
Subject: bar number positions
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 07:36:05 -0700

The current bar number default position is fine for bar numbers at the beginning of the line but not for bar numbers placed on every bar or every n bars. When bar numbers are placed every n bars they appear to the right of the relevant bar (I guess this is to avoid collisions with the clef symbol when bar numbers are only at the beginning of the line). I suggest that slightly different logic should be applied when \set Score.barNumberVisibility = #(every-nth-bar-number-visible <n>) so that the bar numbers at the beginning would be consistent with the rest.

Thanks for reading this,

Paul Scott