Re: Manual rest placement doesn't seem to work

From: Geoff Horton
Subject: Re: Manual rest placement doesn't seem to work
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 21:27:29 -0400

> Try these simple examples on your system.  If they work, then try to
> figure out exactly what the difference is between these examples and
> your situation.

It's the \voiceOne etc. that does it.

This does not work:

melody = \relative c'' {
  b2\rest
}

alto = \relative c' {
  s2
}

\score {
 \context Staff = upper <<
      \context Voice =
         sopranos { << \voiceOne \melody >> }
      \context Voice =
         altos { << \voiceTwo \alto >> }

  \layout {
    ragged-right = ##t

But strip out the \voiceOne and \voiceTwo and it works fine. Changing
\voiceTwo to \voiceThree made no difference (I figured it was worth a
shot).

Geoff