Starting up

From: Tomas Valusek
Subject: Starting up
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:18:17 +0200

Hello,

I'm a Czech music teacher. I'm visually impaired, so creating scores graphically is very tiring for my eyes. I just downloaded and installed LilyPond 2.8.1 on WindowsXP Pro Czech edition. As a Czech user, I'd like to use Czech accented characters within text elements in LilyPond.

1. I have never used Unicode-capable text editor, all my plain-text files are stored using cp1250 codepage. I'd like to use Notepad++ (based on Scintilla engine) as an input file editor. Is there any support for this editor? How to save an input file so that CZ characters appear correctly in output?

2. Is there a way to output LilyPond score as a raster image with preset dpi value (e.g. 300, 600 dpi), so that I could create short music examples and insert them as images into Windows word processor?

Thank you for your help.

Tomas Valusek