Re: Joined triplets?

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Joined triplets?
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 22:10:24 -0700

Graham Percival wrote:

On 6-Apr-06, at 6:03 PM, Paul Scott wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:

On 6-Apr-06, at 12:46 PM, Stewart Holmes wrote:

\times 2/3 { des,8 ees f } \times 2/3 { des,8 ees f } \times 2/3 { des,8 ees f } \times 2/3 { des,8 ees f } These triplets are all joined together with one beam. How do I beam so that each set of triplets is beamed separately?

You read the documentation, section 6.1.10 Tuplets.

You could also use manual beaming, but 6.1.10 has a nicer way of doing it.
I just reread that section.  I don't see beaming mentioned at all.

Err, isn't this beaming?
I admit I wasn't thinking as clearly as I could have been. The problems I've seen may have been more with \grace but I have had problems tuplet beaming being not as automatic as I would have expected. When and if I find examples of this I'll post them.
{
     \set tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
     \times 2/3 { c8 c c c c c }
}
The first example under "Commonly tweaked properties"? Are you looking at the 2.8 manual?

Indeed the word beam does not appear in that section of the 2.8 manual. A point is that there are two tuplet grouping indications: beams and brackets. It's not clear whether tupletSpannerDuration applies to the beam or the bracket.

Thanks,

Paul